There are a range of legislative and regulatory issues that impact on the wood panel industry for which WPIF interacts with and communicates with Government bodies and others to promote the interest of members.
All Party Parlimentary Group - Wood Panel Industry
An All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) is a group of parliamentarians formed to discuss a subject in which members have a common interest and enthusiasm. The Groups are not controlled by a party whip and only backbench members of both Houses (i.e. those who do not hold a ministerial position) are eligible to join.
Following the Inaugural meeting held on 15th July 2020, the APPG group was confirmed as:
- Selaine Saxby MP (Chair)
- Mark Jenkinson MP (Vice Chair)
- Fay Jones MP (Vice Chair)
- Neil Parish MP (Vice Chair)
- Ian Murray MP (Vice Chair)
- Alan Brown MP (Vice Chair)
- Jim Shannon MP (Vice Chair)
- Lord Wallace of Tankerness (Vice Chair)
- Ben Lake (Vice Chair)